Futurist > Best Futurists Ever
Best Futurists Ever
Through history there have been many wonderful visionaries, seers, futurists and writers who have presented us with glimpses of the future.
We are beginning to compile short summaries of what some of these outstanding people have got right in their visions of the future, or how they have impacted society in positive ways.
- How Isaac Asimov shaped robotics and space exploration and predicted the Internet
- How Margaret Atwood tries to prevent dystopian futures by writing about them
- How Ray Bradbury‘s Fahnrenheit 451 foretold the social tensions and technology of today
- The big hits and the misses from Arthur C. Clarke’s eccentric and influential predictions
- How Buckminster Fuller anticipated today’s challenges over 50 years ago
- How William Gibson’s Neuromancer shaped our vision of technology
- How Donna Haraway’s Cyborg Manifesto foresaw genetic engineering, bro culture, precision marketing and sex tech
- The predictions of Robert A. Heinlein, from the Cold War to the waterbed
- Ray Kurzweil’s predictions for the future of technology, medicine, and A.I.
- Nikola Tesla and his electrifying predictions
- The uncanny foresight of Alvin and Heidi Toffler from prosumers to same sex marriage
- Uber Eats and 10 other things that John Elfreth Watkins Jr. correctly predicted in 1900
- HG Wells’ spot-on predictions will make you think he really did time travel
- The incredible prescience of Stanley Kubrick in “2001 Space Odyssey”