The Future of Media Summit 2008 is now open for registration in both Sydney and Silicon Valley. After the great success of the Future of Media Summit 2006 and Future of Media Summit 2007, the third annual event is quickly rolling up!
See Future of Media Summit 2008 website for full details.
Note that there is an early bird offer for the Sydney Summit until June 16, then full price applies.
There’s too much to cover in one blog post, so I’ll be providing more detail on everything that’s happening in coming days and weeks. However some of the key features of the event include:
* Simultaneous events in Silicon Valley and Sydney merged seamlessly by video, online discussion, and cross-continental panels and conversations
* Highly participatory Conference AND Unconference formats at both Sydney and Silicon Valley events
* Discussions on global media strategies, future of journalism, future of privacy, and the future of TV and video
* Peer video discussions by participants across continents (world-first)
* Prediction markets on the future of the media before and during the Summit to tap collective wisdom of event participants and global media leaders
* Future of Media Summit blog for insights and discussion by all speakers and participants
* Detailed content and analysis, including the Future of Media Report 2008
We have a fantastic cast of confirmed speakers and quite a few more to be announced in the coming days.
A few of the confirmed speakers are Mark Scott, Managing Director, ABC; Mark Dorney, CEO, Macquarie Media Group; Loic Le Meur, CEO, Seesmic; Chris Saad, Chair, Dataportability.org; Hugh Martin, General Manager, APN Online; J.D. Lasica, Co-founder and Editorial Director of Ourmedia; Wendy Hogan, Managing Director, CNET Networks Australia, with many other great people on board. Check out the Summit speakers page for more details.
See the Summit agenda for the innovative structure on both sides of the Pacific, with a wide variety of approaches to engaging people in the future of media, including ‘unconference’ formats.
One of the most exciting aspects of the Summit is that we will be implementing prediction markets for the future of media to stimulate thinking about where the industry is heading. More details soon.
Strategic Partners announced so far for the event are Tandberg, which is providing the high-definition video link between the events, and Burson-Marsteller, which is our global PR partner for the Summit.
As every year, we have a Future of Media Summit blog for all speakers and participants – this is now an ongoing blog which includes my own blog posts on the future of media, and shortly will kick off with a wealth of other content, including thoughts from speakers and participants, and updates on the Summit.
And of course, after the success of our Future of Media Report 2006 and Future of Media Report 2007, which have together been downloaded close to 200,000 times, we will launch our Future of Media Report 2008, with all sorts of new and interesting insights into where the industry is heading.
More on all this soon. Hope you can make it!