Partly as we’ve decided to grow the events part of our business, we’re looking for someone really exceptional who can help to make that happen. In addition to the Future of Media Summit coming up in Sydney and San Francisco, we’re planning a number of events related to Web 2.0 and Enterprise 2.0 for later this year. Clearly the right person for the role will have a very good understanding of current technologies, as well as be familiar with the industry landscape. For the meantime we are experimenting with growing the business just with part-time roles, partly as we find there is great supply/ demand characteristics: lots of excellent people want part-time roles for various reasons, and they don’t find many opportunities.
Please do pass on word on this if there’s anyone you know who may be interested. Details below.
A truly outstanding events/ marketing/ online person is required for two niche international consulting firms. The role reports to the organisations’ CEO/ Chairman, who is a leading international strategy consultant, futurist, author and speaker, working with some of the most prestigious organisations worldwide. He appears frequently in the global media, and has been named one of the 40 biggest players in Australia’s digital age. This is an unusual, diverse and highly flexible role that will suit someone outstanding in their intelligence, dedication and work standards. The successful candidate will have signfiicant experience in events, and hopefully also marketing/ PR, media, technology, and/ or consulting.
Specific tasks include driving a forthcoming Future of Media Summit held in Sydney and San Francisco, and a series of other technology-related events in Australia and internationally. Other tasks will range across general marketing activities and possibly support of online initiatives. Ultimately your objective will be to support the organisation’s initiatives in every way possible, working closely with others at the core of a small team.
This is a part-time role, working around 3 days per week with substantial flexibility. Expectations for the successful candidate will be consistently extremely high.
The functions of the position will be very diverse, including:
* Events management and co-ordination
* Driving graphic design, printing, registration and logistics
* Participating in PR and media promotion activities
* Researching industry participants and leading-edge media and technology issues
* Supporting consulting projects, reports and presentations
Essential attributes include:
* Solid experience in events management and marketing
* Very strong interest in and understanding of leading-edge business issues, including technology and media
* Perfection (or almost!) in all work and extreme attention to detail
* Outstanding knowledge of PC technology and applications, and at a minimum good understanding of Web 2.0 technologies
* At least basic graphic design capabilities and use of Adobe CS
* Excellent online and offline research skills
* Very good writing ability
* Ability to self-start and work highly independently, sometimes from home, as well as within a tight team
* Adaptable, easy-going and collaborative
Desirable attributes include:
* Extremely good understanding of Web 2.0 and online apps
* Industry research experience
* Graphic design capabilities
* Experience in PR, journalism or media
* A whiz with Excel, analysing data, and creating snappy charts and visuals
You will be working in a very small office, and given the flexible nature of the work and amount of travel undertaken by the executive, are also likely to work frequently from home. The successful candidate will require their own laptop computer. The primary workplace is in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs. The position would suit someone highly talented who would like a stimulating alternative to a corporate work environment or seeks flexibility in their work.
It is likely that there will be scope for the right person to grow into new roles over time. There is the expectation of substantial learning – we want people who can bring a lot to the table, and want to learn about how innovative business models are implemented.
The successful candidate will have responsibilities in two firms:
Future Exploration Network – www.futureexploration.net
Advanced Human Technologies – www.ahtgroup.com
Applications to application [AT] futureexploration [DOT] net