ABC TV ran a segment a few days ago on how companies are using Twitter to create value, including an interview with me on how businesses can use Twitter effectively.
This should be a topic of particular interest to small and mid-sized companies. If you are interested in learning more, SME Tech Summit in Sydney on 1 December will include specific in-detail coverage of how your company can use Twitter (as well as other social media tools) to build your success.
Comments made during the program include:
* Experts say Twitter is here to stay
* Twitter has become a legitimate business tool
* When you don’t have much money to spend, Twitter can be an excellent way to promote your business
* You need to be conversational and human to engage your customers
* There are ways that companies in any industry to use Twitter
* It is hard to do properly, and you do need to be consistent if you start
* Twitter is here to stay as part of companies’ branding strategy