A few quick comments on the framework:
A wide array of forces are shifting value and attention to the influence landscape and from traditional media, advertising, and marketing.
- Democratization of media
- Social media aggregation
- Mass media fragmentation
- Decline of advertising impact
- Peer trust
There are a wide variety of roles played by influencers, with different dynamics for each in how they influence and how they can be reached.
Influence requires communication, and today a wide and ever-increasing range of channels, from face-to-face meetings to broadcast TV, are mechanisms to spread influence.
- Mass media: TV, Radio, Print
- Social media: Twitter, Blogs, Social Networks
- Personal interaction: Email, Phone, Meet
While influence flows through many channels, one of the drivers making social media more important is that influence of many is aggregated through a variety of tools.
- Stumble Upon
Influence flows through networks – it cannot be understood as a linear mechanism focused on individual influencers. There are a number of key aspects of influence networks that need to be addressed to tap the power of influence.
- Cascade windows
- Influence agents
- Transmission ratios
- Network density
* How can the framework be improved?
* What is missing from the framework
* Are the elements of the influence landscape changing?